An evenly lit and correctly exposed backdrop is the key to consistently achieving great results with green screen photography…
And it’s super simple to set up from a technical perspective!
How do you do it?
Step 1: You order yourself one of the twelve best green screen lights on the market:
- THE Best Green Screen Light: GVM 2 Pack LED Video Lighting Kit
- Best Green Screen Lighting for the Money: Neewer 2 Pieces Bi-Color 660 LED Lights
- Best Budget Lights for a Green Screen: Neewer 2 Packs Dimmable Bi-Color 480 LED Lights
- Best Green Screen Lighting Under $100: GSKAIWEN 180 LED Lighting Kit For Photography Studios
- Runner up Best Under $100: Pixel G1s RGB Video Lighting with Portable Tripod Stand
- Best Cheapest Green Screen Lighting Under $50: Neewer 2 Packs Dimmable 5600K LED Lights
- Best Green Screen Lighting Kit: ESDDI Lighting Kit
- Best Affordable Green Screen Lighting Kit: Emart Photography Studio Lighting Kit
- Best Cheap Green Screen Lighting Kit: Emart 600W Photography Photo Video Lighting Kit
- Best LED Lights for a Green Screen: GVM 2 Pack LED Video Lighting Kit
- Best Budget LED Lights for a Green Screen: Neewer 2 Packs Dimmable Bi-Color 480 LED Lights
- Best Cheap LED Lights for a Green Screen: Neewer Dimmable Bi-Color USB LED Lights
Step 2: You set up the lights correctly — check this short tutorial out if you’re unsure how!
But which lights should you pick?
Keep reading and find out which one suits your needs and budget!
Best Green Screen Lights
THE Best Green Screen Light: GVM 2 Pack LED Video Lighting Kit
Thanks to two powerful lamps with 480 durable LED beads and a ton of included accessories, the GVM 2 Pack LED Video Lighting Kit delivers THE best green screen lighting experience money can buy!
But what’s our favorite thing about using these durable, versatile lights day in and day out?
That GVM hasn’t forgotten about the end-user:
They’ve intelligently designed this kit to be super easy to use and manage thanks to the digital display and adjustment knobs on the back of each light.
But what if you’re a bit too far from the lights and don’t want to lose the moment by walking (or dashing) over?
Don’t panic; they’ve got you covered with wireless control via the free GVM mobile app!
When you combine all of these fantastic features with the abundance of gear included in the box, it’s clear why the GVM 2 Pack Lighting Kit is the market-leading green screen illumination system.
Key Features of the GVM 2 Pack Lighting Kit:
- Includes 1-year of servicing from GVM
- Manufactured from aerospace-grade aluminum alloy
- 2300K-6800K color temperature and 10-100% brightness
- Can be run wirelessly with batteries — sold separately here
- Comes with two light stands, two white diffusers, two barn doors, and a travel case
Best Green Screen Lighting for the Money: Neewer 2 Pieces Bi-Color 660 LED Lights
What makes the Neewer Bi-Color 660 LED Lights the best green screen lights for the money?
Simple — they deliver professional-quality lighting performance at a remarkably fair price. You’d be hard-pressed to find a better deal anywhere else in the world!
But this kit is a lot more than just two beautiful, bright lamps:
It’s also lightweight, durable, well-made from quality materials, and comes with a ton of useful shooting accessories.
Our favorite extras are the two white diffusers: they’ll help you create soft, even light that’s perfect for green screen videography and/or photography!
You can’t go wrong if you pick the Neewer 660 Lights to be the newest member of your photo studio!
Key Features of the Neewer 660 Lights:
- 3200-5600K color temperature
- Excellent light control via the four barn doors
- Comes with two storage bags for easy transporting
- 330 white and 330 yellow long-lasting LEDs that generate a luminous flux of 7300LM
- Possible to power with separately purchasable batteries — great if you’re often out and about!
Best Budget Lights for a Green Screen: Neewer 2 Packs Dimmable Bi-Color 480 LED Lights
The Neewer Dimmable Bi-Color 480 LED Lights are, hands down, the best budget lights for green screens thanks to:
- A powerful luminous flux of 3360LM,
- Their rugged yet lightweight metal construction, and
- Two white diffusers that provide soft illumination.
We also quickly fell in love with the two heavy-duty, aluminum alloy light stands. They proved to be exceptionally strong, versatile, and flexible (with a height range of 26” (66cm) to 75” (190cm).
These are awe-inspiring lights!
If we have to nitpick for a negative…
Then we’d mention that the two carry bags included in the package are slightly too small for storing the lights and the accessories.
But it’s an easy-to-fix hiccup — simply order yourself a nice carrying bag!
This one small oversight aside, the Neewer 480 Lights are as close as you can get to a premium quality product in this price category!
Key Features of the Neewer 480 Lights:
- 3200-5600K color temperature
- Beautifully design and built like a rock
- Fitted with 240 white and 240 yellow long-lasting LEDs
- Can be run on wireless power if batteries purchased separately
Best Green Screen Lighting Under $100: GSKAIWEN 180 LED Lighting Kit For Photography Studios
Looking for real value for money?
Then you just have to take a look at the GSKAIWEN 180 LED Lighting Kit!
Because it’s the best green screen lighting bundle for less than 100 bucks! It includes two lightweight, functionally designed LED lamps along with two stable stands and two power adapters with brightness adjustment dials.
You won’t need anything else to take beautiful green screen pictures and videos… well, except for a quality green screen — check this one out if you don’t have one in your studio!
So don’t hesitate, order a pair of GSKAIWEN 180 Lights and experience the massive difference in the quality of your photos/videos!
Key Features of the GSKAIWEN 180 Lights:
- 5500K color temperature
- Stable stands that can be adjusted from 25” (64cm) to 79” (200cm)
- 90 high-quality LED beads per lamp with a lifespan of up to 10,000 hours
- GSKAIWEN offers a 1-year manufacturer warranty and quick customer support
Runner up Best Under $100: Pixel G1s RGB Video Lighting with Portable Tripod Stand
Despite just narrowly missing out on the belt for the best light under $100, the Pixel G1s RGB Video Light is incredibly bright, surprisingly well-built for the price, lightweight, and fully adjustable.
We particularly like the fact that you can control color saturation (0-100%), hue range (0-359 degrees), brightness (0-100%), and color temperature (2500K to 8500K).
Other major pros include:
- A LED display
- Two adjustment dials
- A 360-degree rotatable arm
- 70 RBG colored LED lights and 12 scene light effects
It sounds excellent… but what’s the reason it’s only the runner up in this category?
This kit comes with one light and one stand, which means you should really order it twice for the best possible green screen results…
But, if you’re willing to get two, you won’t be disappointed with the Pixel G1s Light’s performance and flexibility!
Key Features of the Pixel G1s Light:
- Aluminum alloy shell makes it sturdy and durable
- Charged via an ultra-convenient USB type – C port
- Battery-powered with over 1.5 hours of working time
- Very portable — fits into your pocket or a small compartment in your camera bag
Best Cheapest Green Screen Lighting Under $50: Neewer 2 Packs Dimmable 5600K LED Lights
The Neewer 2 Packs Dimmable 5600K LED Lights are a steal…
They’re easily the best green screen lights for less than $50, thanks to their strong performance, compact size, and versatility.
Tell me more!
These lights are equipped with:
- 66 energy-saving LED bulbs that generate a luminous flux of 1000LM
- Adjustable brightness (from 10-100%)
- A 180 degree adjustable light panel
- 5600K color temperature
Come on, what’s there not to like?
The Neewer Dimmable Lights will leave you open-mouthed when you realize just how much equipment you get for so little investment!
Key Features of the Neewer Dimmable Lights:
- Great for streamers and Zoom calls
- Includes 4 color filters (white, red, yellow, and blue) for softer lighting
- USB powered (but it’s recommended to use these lights with a wall plug)
- Compact & great for desks — its fully extended stand measures merely 46” (116cm)
Best Green Screen Lighting Kit
Best Green Screen Lighting Kit: ESDDI Lighting Kit
We tried out a lot of complete kits in our search for the very best, but only one product stood out head and shoulders above the rest: the ESDDI Lighting Kit.
The sheer amount of high-quality gear included really convinced us that this is the best green screen lighting kit available on Amazon. So what’s in the box?
- Two softbox windows
- Two white umbrellas
- Four stands
- Three cotton backdrops (green, black, and white)
- And much, much more!
But don’t get scared by the thought that this amount of gadgets will overcomplicate your studio — the ESDDI Lighting Kit is a breeze to set up, use, and then pack away again!
Key Features of the ESDDI Lighting Kit:
- Comes with all the accessories you’ll ever need
- Well priced considering the excellent build quality
- Delivers soft, feathered light (at 5500K temperature)
Best Affordable Green Screen Lighting Kit: Emart Photography Studio Lighting Kit
What makes these lights the best affordable green screen lighting kit on our list? Tons of accessories, excellent lighting performance, and sturdy build quality!
This product’s most appealing feature (particularly to beginners) is that it comes with an unreal amount of tools, including a chromakey green muslin backdrop, a background support system, and clamps.
You won’t need to buy anything apart from the Emart Lighting Kit to get started in your own studio… well, except for a quality camera, of course!
Key Features of the Emart Lighting Kit:
- Superb value for money
- 5500K color temperature
- Contains two adjustable light stands (from 27’’ (69cm) to 75’’ (191cm))
Best Cheap Green Screen Lighting Kit: Emart 600W Photography Photo Video Lighting Kit
Working with a tiny budget?
Not a problem… check out the Emart 600W Photography Photo Video Lighting Kit!
This is the best cheap green screen lighting kit. Why? Because it generates a fantastic amount of soft, even light with its 45W 5500K CFL spiral bulbs and white diffuser umbrellas!
This product is also highly versatile thanks to its black reflector umbrellas and can be used for various other shooting scenarios.
You won’t regret buying the Emart 600W Kit and you won’t feel like you cheaped out!
Key Features of the Emart 600W Kit:
- Great for on-the-go photographers
- Sturdy, easy to set up, and simple to use
- Comes with two 83” (211cm) stands and one 33” (83cm) stand
Best LED lights for Green Screens
Best LED Lights for a Green Screen: GVM 2 Pack LED Video Lighting Kit
The LED lights included in the GVM 2 Pack LED Video Lighting Kit are the absolute best for green screen setups because they’re:
- fully adjustable,
- wirelessly operated via an app, and
- built from aerospace aluminum alloy.
And let’s not forget to mention that they come with two light stands and two white diffusers — mandatory accessories!
Best Budget LED Lights for a Green Screen: Neewer 2 Packs Dimmable Bi-Color 480 LED Lights
When you buy these Neewer lights, you won’t just get incredible lighting output. You’ll also get a complete kit with just the right amount of green screen photography accessories!
This can only mean one thing:
If you’re on a tight budget but still demand professional-quality lighting performance, then the Neewer Dimmable Bi-Color 480 LED Lights are a no-brainer choice!
Best Cheap LED Lights for a Green Screen: Neewer Dimmable Bi-Color USB LED Lights
The Neewer Dimmable Bi-Color USB LED Lights are the best cheap LED lights on the market because they generate precisely the right amount of light for green screens.
With 66 energy-saving LED bulbs and adjustable brightness (10-100%), you’ll never have to worry about these lights flickering or not being to deliver perfect illumination wherever you need it!
Shooting with a green screen isn’t hard; you just need to have the right equipment and knowledge!
It’s pretty awesome that you’ve learned about both today, right?
So take action NOW:
- Order your favorite green screen light
- Set it up like a pro (remember: evenly lit, evenly lit, evenly lit)
- Take picture-perfect shots